Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with info on ski's

Options
  • 08-11-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Trying to find info on a ski called "rossignol pro vtec" 198cm" tried google but no luck :confused: I'm thinking of buying a pair 2nd hand that come with saloman bindings, here http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/50/46883250.html%20o one of the things that is putting me off is that i am only 6ft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

sorry the original link did not work, fixed now :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

198cm, are these for ski jumping or something? :D

Google already brings up this thread as the number one link on searching for "rossignol pro vtec" so not finfing anything on them myself either.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Wow 198 is a massive ski. They dont look like they have much of a sidecut on them so could be from the older style of ski's before "carving" came in. I dont know anything about the skis though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I suppose if you learned to ski on things like those, they'd be fine, but most skies now are a lot shorter and more agile. Also, bear in mind that skis that long will be a major pain to get to the resort. I know from experience that they won't fit under a couchette on the train, for instance.

Thanks for the replies, decided not too get them. Its rare that Google gives no info !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Just for info....I noticed on the back of those skis the word "kevlar" was written.

From digging around a bit, Rossignol's Kevlar ranges are pretty old...the guesses here about them pre-dating modern carvers are pretty-much bang on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

On doing a search with rossi and Kevlar it looks like they are from the mid 80's.

Useful if you are looking for something to hang from the roof of an alpine bar, or make a bench out of I guess. Only any good for skiing on if you also have yourself a nice flourecent one piece suit to wear with them.

robinph wrote: »
    Only any good for skiing on if you also have yourself a nice flourecent one piece suit to wear with them.

:D:D:D I thought no-one knew about my one piece suit.... I'll have to keep my curtains closed !!!

robinph wrote: »
    Only any good for skiing on if you also have yourself a nice flourecent one piece suit to wear with them.

Somewhat disturbingly, one-piece suits were making a come-back on the slopes here last year...although mostly being worn by the obviously-and-ostentatiously rich, and mostly in pure white or pastel pink type of colours.

<shudders>

yes, my wife pointed out that the boarder gear this year looks really 80s:eek:, the worst decade known to man.

• Advertisement

I noticed that as well recently. All the boarders on my course in NZ did seem to now be dressing very '80's. None of them were even born then though, so that may have something to do with them not realising the fashion faux pas they were making. :D

When shoulderpads start making an appearance on the slopes, there's just no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

bonkey wrote: »
    Somewhat disturbingly, one-piece suits were making a come-back on the slopes here last year...although mostly being worn by the obviously-and-ostentatiously rich, and mostly in pure white or pastel pink type of colours.

<shudders>

Don't knock one-pieces. When you are lying on the snow with torn ligaments, waiting for the blood wagon, a one piece will keep you a lot warmer than something with a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

They would be useful for making a rocket sled, made one of these a few years ago with no way of stopping except for a fence not a good idea. The new one piece!!! http://www.sweetprotection.com/#/snow/outerwear/resolution/suits/crusader-flightsuit-m/

Advertisement