Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Vs. News international

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    I was just reading todays sunday times and i noticed this full page announcement

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92283/DSC00162.JPG

What's the full story?

Irish Times did the same bout a year ago, and they are still not available in Dunnes.

I gather Dunnes wanted a bigger margin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

ah yes, i forgot they didnt have the irish times.

small shop = 2 min walk. dunnes = 5 min walk :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I read another story and it seems to be that most Sunday papers will not be stocked by Dunnes, apart from the Times the only other one I can think of is the Mail on Sunday but there's a fairly decent list of papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

The problem is caused by Dunnes trying to get everyone to agree to theire new pay per scan system. No one except Dunnes wants it implemented. Expect more to follow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

The issue the big shops have with the Newspaper suppliers is that they can take the money for all papers delivered directly from their bank accounts and it is guarenteed cash flow regardless of how many papers are sold.
    Any papers over have to be "passed" before any Credit is given.
    The print media would not survive just on actual papers sold if this scam comes to an end so it is no wonder they are fighting it.
    It is nothing to do with looking for extra margin just a fairer share as it is the customers who ultimately pays the extra.

• Advertisement
Advertisement