Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Bundle v Vodafone Bundle

Options
  • 08-11-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Was thinking of changing from Eircom to Vodafone for both landline and broadband. Has anyone experienced problems with service and after care from Vodafone? Any comments appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I changed over a month ago now. And it was very easy did it online which took 5mins and then voda looked after the rest. I hope to save money and that is why i changed. Also the 200min to other vodafone moblies was a big +

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Vodafone at home working bang on for me, no probs. Eircom bundle was driven by the fact so many were going to VF, thats nearly enough reason to go to VF, spent long enough getting screwed by Eircom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

BT/Vodafone for me.
    Been with them for years - never any problems. Top speed all the time - cheaper.
    Eircom? I know of loads of problems with them and just as many that have switched away from them.

I'm very sure that Vodafone/BT have problems too but in numbers, Eircom problems are a LOT more frequent I have found in talking to folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

Thank you for replies. I reckon i will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

been on vodafone since august, never looked back, bill reduced by 17e a month as well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 amclellan

Hi livvy,

I switched and have had problems with the wireless connection dropping from time to time (no internet, sometimes not even a local connection) - usually at the most inconvenient moment!

This only happened when I started using the Vodafone modem.

After a few calls with the nice Vodafone team I saw a thread on boards.ie where someone had switched back to Netopia modem and that solved the problem. I have now done the same and have no more connection problems now. (so far...) will keep you posted.

So my advice is don't bother changing the modem to the Vodafone one. Just change the settings for your existing modem (assuming it works now). Vodafone will send you a letter with the details on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

What's the internet speed like on vodafone?

619302195.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

amclellan wrote: »
    619302195.png

pretty decent compared to my eircom speed... must look into it... is that a consistent speed or is it liable to go dodgy from day to day??

it can be slow in the evenings.

I am just celebrating at the moment not dropping the connection every 5 mins.

I will test it again later and let u know

• Advertisement

619305654.png

3097486.png

619590426.png

Advertisement