Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed in deciding a date for a Dublin photowalk

Options
  • 08-11-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Heya folks,

I'm working this year (in a very small way) on the switching on of the Christmas Lights project in Dublin and Cork. It's being sponsored by Bórd Gáis this year and they're working on integrating a photographic element into the campaign - hence coming to you via me :)

They'd like to invite people on a photowalk around Dublin and Cork when the lights are up and supply food and drinks at the end.

Only thing is, when would people be free to do it?

The lights are being switched on on Henry St the 15, on Grafton the 17 and on O'Connell the 22. (Not sure about Cork yet).

I think 22 might be the best date but it's a Sunday. What do you reckon is best? And is there anything else you'd need to know?

It will be for Boards.ie photography forum people, photobloggers and generally anyone else who wants to join in.

I'm about to send this out on Twitter (hash tag #lightswalk) too now.

Cheers for the help!

Darragh

The best date for the Dublin photowalk would be 4 votes

Sunday Nov 15
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday Nov 21
    25% 1 vote
    Sunday Nov 22
    25% 1 vote
    Saturday Nov 28
    50% 2 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

just a note-the photobook launch is on November 28th, maybe something could be done to tie the 2 in together?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Any date but the 15th.
    Sound like fun.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Sounds like a half decent idea of m_s_nixon's. Sat 28th either before or after the launch - depends on who's offering the most free drink :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

m_s_nixon wrote: »
    just a note-the photobook launch is on November 28th, maybe something could be done to tie the 2 in together?

Hey I got your PM about this - I'm interested so drop me a line...

Darragh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Any date but the 15th.
    Sound like fun.

15th it is then :p:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

Darragh wrote: »
    Heya folks,

I'm working this year (in a very small way) on the switching on of the Christmas Lights project in Dublin and Cork. It's being sponsored by Bórd Gáis this year and they're working on integrating a photographic element into the campaign - hence coming to you via me :)

They'd like to invite people on a photowalk around Dublin and Cork when the lights are up and supply food and drinks at the end.

Only thing is, when would people be free to do it?

The lights are being switched on on Henry St the 15, on Grafton the 17 and on O'Connell the 22. (Not sure about Cork yet).

I think 22 might be the best date but it's a Sunday. What do you reckon is best? And is there anything else you'd need to know?

It will be for Boards.ie photography forum people, photobloggers and generally anyone else who wants to join in.

I'm about to send this out on Twitter (hash tag #lightswalk) too now.

Cheers for the help!

Darragh

sounds great, can't do the 22nd (working)

what would be the plan for the walk?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Anyother news on this ?

Sorting it out today/tomorrow and will update everyone then :)

Would you believe I'm *still* waiting for this to be sorted out?

FFS

Darragh

Advertisement