Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet works, Wireless doesn't

Options
  • 08-11-2009 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭

I have 3 Laptops in the house that run on wireless. Last night Wireless cut out on all 3 yet the Ethernet cable works fine.

My ISP is Eircom and I have a Netopia 3347 NWG Wireless router.

My OS is Vista, but I don't see that as being relevant as the 3 laptops have 3 different OS's... Vista, 7 and XP. So it has to be a router problem right?

Any help/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

Is the wireless light on, on the router?
    Have you tried power cycling it?
    Have you recently reset it? if so and you changed default wireless security settings then you will need to dissconect each computer and re-define the access point on each computer with the default security settings.

The 3347s are actually pretty robust so unless its got a knock or 2 recently I cant see it as being a hardware failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Osu wrote: »
    I have 3 Laptops in the house that run on wireless. Last night Wireless cut out on all 3 yet the Ethernet cable works fine.

My ISP is Eircom and I have a Netopia 3347 NWG Wireless router.

My OS is Vista, but I don't see that as being relevant as the 3 laptops have 3 different OS's... Vista, 7 and XP. So it has to be a router problem right?

Any help/suggestions?

Is your encryption method WEP or WPA? I would strongly recommend you check somebody hasn;t locked you out of your router as WEP is easily broken.

you can check statistics in your routers homepage 192.168.1.254 and see, or else lock your wireless with WPA

Advertisement