Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Guitar Problems

Options
  • 08-11-2009 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've been having problems with the guitar sold bundled with guitar hero 5 ever since I bought it at launch, the strum bar was faulty on my first two, it would strum on it's own which obviously made the game unplayable.

So on the third replacement I thought I finally got a working guitar.
    But now, just after creeping past 28 days after purchase, during play the guitar turned off, I tried turning it back on repeatedly but it refused to sync with the console (Xbox 360 btw). So I thought maybe the 360 bugged so switched it off at the mains and switched back on and tried again, no luck, won't sync. Turned on my regular pad, worked instantly. Used a spare guitar (not the one in question) worked fine.

Changed the batteries in the culprit guitar, tried repeatedly with no luck.
    Now in the manual, there is no Irish number listed for Activision support, and their website is a joke, it wouldn't even load for me, I got to their warranty section and they want me to send back the guitar neck and some other details, I don't feel I should have to pay postage to get a replacement for a product that breaks hardly a month after purchase.

I figure maybe if I could get an Irish number, and get talking to someone maybe another method could be arranged. So does anyone know of a way of contacting activision on an Irish number? Or a number we can ring that won't cost a fortune? Also, does anyone know if it would be possible for me at this stage to return it to the store I bought it from and see if they will deal with returning it to activision and give me a replacement?

All information or feedback on this is appreciated it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hello AceCard Jones. I've never heard of this problem before, have you come across others on the internet who may have had the same problem? Your best bet is to bring the product back to the shop and calmly explain that they are obliged by law to refund/repair/replace any good which is not of merchantable quality 1 ie: a broken 360 guitar. They may try to argue that they don't do these things, but they are obliged to. If they refuse to co-operate, calmly leave the shop and you'll need to go to the small claims court.

Activision's number appears to be this one.

If you have a problem with an item that you have bought it is always the seller who should put things right. As a general rule, the seller can either repair or replace the item. Alternatively, they can refund the costs of the item or service to the consumer.
    If you are not satisfied with the quality of goods or services you can:

Return the goods to the supplier who sold it to you (you should not return the goods to the manufacturer)

Act as soon as you can – a delay can indicate that you have accepted faulty goods or services

Do not attempt to repair the item yourself or give it to anyone else to repair it

Make sure that you have a proof of purchase (a receipt, cheque stub, credit card statement or invoice)
    You have no grounds for redress if

You were told about the defect before you bought the item (for example, if the goods were marked 'shopsoiled')

You examined the item before you bought it and should have seen the defect

You bought the item knowing that it wasn’t fit for what you wanted it to do

You broke or damaged the product

You made a mistake when buying the item (for example, if you bought an item of clothing thinking it was black when it is actually navy)

You change your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Yeah up until now I've only ever experienced faulty strum bars on both PS3 and 360, and those problems are all over the net, haven't looked for the syncing problem yet. I think I will try returning it to the store, in fairness the store had no problems replacing the other two guitars, but they were both less than a week after purchase, hopefully they'll be the same with this.

Thanks for the swift response and the information.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Not a problem, be sure to stick around ;)

Advertisement