Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashwood Archery

Options
  • 08-11-2009 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of taking up archery as its always interested me, and Ashwood Archery in Inch, Gorey, Co. Wexford is the closest club to me. Anyone know anything about them / have any opinions on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

Haven't met anyone from the club yet but was down on a National Training weekend and the facilities are top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Thanks, good to hear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I'm a member of the club. Ask and it shall be answered!

http://www.ashwoodarchery.com/

As per website, a grass outdoor range up to 90m; a converted tennis court offering all-weather shooting to ~35m; an indoor 18m range.

Club nights Tuesday and Thursday- a mixture of practice, challenge and banter.

Indoor range available if no lessons are going on.

I started about a year ago with 6 x 2 hours beginners lessons and afterwards decided to join the club.

Website is a little out of date but gives an idea.

Members shoot for fun mainly but we are building up to being competitive- we are a young club. Some take part on field events and we'll soon be tackling target events. Some shoot with sights and some barebow. Some young, some .......older.

There is a contact number on the website.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Thanks for that. I've contacted the club and have arranged to do the 6 week starter course.

Advertisement