Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

waiting times?

Options
  • 08-11-2009 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I applied for the driving test about 4 weeks ago. When applying i was told that their was a 6 week waiting time and i would be given a date 4 to 5 weeks before the test.

Iam wondering is their a 6 week waiting time before you get a date or a 6 week waiting time over all ??

Also i chose to be notified by e-mail, anybody have any experience of this, i have heard storys of people never getting a e-mail and ringing up to find out they have missed their test and have to apply again ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

You can find a list of the the dates which the test centers are processing here:

http://www.drivingtest.ie/drivingtest/EnglishStats.pdf

I dont know how often that gets updated but when yours gets processed you can expect to be waiting even longer for the test. For example I applied for my test in the middle of July and got tested the end of September. Hope that acts as some kind of indication how long you'll be waiting!

Oh and I also had about a five week notice of when my test was by phone and by email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Check your spam filter if using g-mail, thats where i found my confirmation e-mail.

If you want a quick test just keep ringing up for cancellations, i got one after waiting only 4 weks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

I got the e-mail today:). Have the test next wednesday at 11!, must have been a cancellation. I i only applied 3 weeks ago !. Booked a few lessons today !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Can I just hijack this thread slightly?

My friend booked his driving test. He is on a Learner Permit at the moment though, and cannot sit his driving test until January (6-month wait). He entered from the date he booked it to the first day after his 6-month wait as unavailable (as he didn't want a date before that).

Does that mean they only process it when that date comes? E.g. if the exam centre has a 6 week wait, they he will get the test up to 6 weeks after the 6-month period is over, or would it be soon after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Can I just hijack this thread slightly?

My friend booked his driving test. He is on a Learner Permit at the moment though, and cannot sit his driving test until January (6-month wait). He entered from the date he booked it to the first day after his 6-month wait as unavailable (as he didn't want a date before that).

Does that mean they only process it when that date comes? E.g. if the exam centre has a 6 week wait, they he will get the test up to 6 weeks after the 6-month period is over, or would it be soon after that?

Funny enough I was talking to someone yesterday who only has his learner permit 4 months now, and applied for the test recently, and did state on it he wouldnt be able to do it until the middle of December due to the 6 month wait....But they ignored this and gave him a date the start of this month! Best would be ring them and see what the story is

• Advertisement
Advertisement