Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Splitter

Options
  • 08-11-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Newbie question!

Not sure exactly what I am looking for here but think some type of AV splitter might do the trick - maybe I'll tell you what I have and someone can suggest some solutions!

I have:

Popcorn hour - outputs: HDMI, S-Video and Component
    Panasonic DVD plaver - outputs: Component
    NTL BOX (Pace) - outputs: Scart

Projector - inputs: HDMI, S-Video and Component
    TV (Finlux) - Inputs: Scart, S-Video, Composite

I'll only use the projector the odd time and want to keep all the other items in the corner of the room. Is there a splitter box that I can connect all items to and then connect upto my tv using scart or composite (whichever is best???)

I'd be happy if I could just get the popcorn hour, ntl box and tv working together but my tv is letting me down a little!

I'd be interested in a soundbar at some point - would this have the capability to handle all of the inputs needed or am i confusing matters now?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

An av receiver would probably be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Any recommendations? Any Idea of cost?

I'd say your looking at approx 500euro for an amp to do what you need.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I'd say your looking at approx 500euro for an amp to do what you need.:eek:

!! A bit more then I was hoping to spend - maybe if I got speakers etc for that I price I would consider it. No other options atall?

Thanks Again!

Thought it might be a bit much, there might be something else suitable but if there is I haven't come across it. It would probably cost a few quid though, regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

There are brix and mortar stores in Ireland that will sell you a Yamaha AV or an Onkyo AV with speakers for that type of money.
    Or something inside this link might help.

>Sol

Advertisement