Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My eyes on the horizon...

• 08-11-2009 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Three months ago I couldn't even run for 30 seconds without my body giving out, but I was determined not to spend the rest of my life an unfit blob who just watched longingly from the sidelines of races wishing she could join in.

My first 5 k is in 4 weeks time and I cannot wait!!

My fitness has taken a total turn around and although I am still taking it one step at a time I am loving every minue!!

I am aiming for a marathon late next year, but I am realistic and have smaller mountains to get over first.

I have decided it is time to keep log of my training and hopeful get a bit of encouragement when wanted and a good boot up the a** when needed :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Welcome to the logs :)

Are you doing the Jingle Bells 5k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of luck with your training Layeredcake...i hope all goes well for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Best of luck. It's great when you actually see the benefits from the training and that spurs you on even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Best of luck with the training, the log and the race. It's a great feeling when you start to see improvements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 layeredcake

Thanks so much for the welcome all!!

No not doing the Jingle Bells, wanted to but have other commitments on that Saturday so doing the Barnardos Santa Dash on the 6th.

My training for the week so far:

Monday 9th November

Fabulous run, just the right conditions, nice and wet!! I love running in the rain...yes I'm mad I know. Legs felt great the whole run and so did my lungs. Calves seized up when I came to a stop but a good stretch helped that. I am really starting to see results and loving it!!bigsmile.gif

5 minute WUW then:

3 min run
    3 min brisk walk
    3 min run
    3 min brisk walk
    3 min run
    3 min brisk walk
    2 min run
    3 min walk

Total: 3.55 km

Tuesday 10th November

Nice easy walk today to stretch out the legs.

Total: 2.4 km in 30mins

Wednesday 11th November

Brilliant run, no rain today but very chilly brrrr, definitely needed the beanie hat and thick jumper today. I warmed up at home so ran straight from the start. Legs felt great today could of gone on forever, lungs no so good, tight from the beginning then eased out and then started playing up again towards the end.

Workout:

3 min run
    3 min walk
    3 min run
    2 min walk
    3 min run
    3 min walk
    2 min run
    2 min walk
    1 min run
    2 min walk
    2 min run
    1 min walk

Total: 4km in 27 mins :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 layeredcake

Thursday 12th November

Nice easy walk run today on the more hilly route, lovely weather though quite windy and chilly but as it has been flooding down with rain all day I picked a good time!!

2.5 km in 30 mins

Saturday 14th November

A totally blah experience running today. My lungs were out of it, really stiff and not letting air deep enough into them. This, of course, affected the rest of my body and my claves quickly stiffened up and my legs in general weren't liking it at all. I went on for as long as I culd before having to accept today was a non starter and brisk walked home.

I usually feel great after a rest day but my body was having none of it today. Tomorrow I am aiming for my long run, hoping to hit the 3 mile mark which I plan to be hitting more and more over the next couple of weeks in preparation for the race on the 6th.

I received my illuminous green barnardos t-shirt a couple of days ago and now I have to find a Santa Suit to run in :D

Great fun!!

Total for today is 2.45 km in 25 mins

Advertisement