Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange is being upgraded to ADSL2+ .. what can I get ?

Options
  • 08-11-2009 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

currently on 7.6Mb

I've been told that my exchange is getting a ADSL2+ upgrade in the next few weeks.

Whats the top speed that ADSL2+ can get ?

Are they offered to residential customers and by whom!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

ADSL2+ tops out at 24 Mbps. Eircom offer a business package that runs at 12 Mbps, but it's €99 a month and that doesn't even include VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I wouldnt hold my breath on an exchange getting updated mate,

After all this is the unreliable old Eircom we are talking about,

I recon be happy with what you have......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Kev. wrote: »
    I wouldnt hold my breath on an exchange getting updated mate,

After all this is the unreliable old Eircom we are talking about,

I recon be happy with what you have......

Ok, thanks

Assuming it WAS upgraded, who can you buy greater than 7Mb off for a residential product ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    ADSL2+ tops out at 24 Mbps. Eircom offer a business package that runs at 12 Mbps, but it's €99 a month and that doesn't even include VAT.

This is not correct. The Business Plus ADSL2+ package which is 12 Mbps downstream, 1Mbps upstream is 65 euro plus VAT. The other 12 Mbps package has 2Mbps upstream and that is 99 euro plus VAT. I have a residential eircom phone bill but have eircom business broadband. Eircom doesn't care whether you are a residential or business customer, you can get any broadband package you want. This may not have been the case in the past, but is the case now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

zod wrote: »
    Ok, thanks

Assuming it WAS upgraded, who can you buy greater than 7Mb off for a residential product ?

Smart and Eircom sell the 24/1 12/1 and 12/2 packages . Voodoofone and Perlico do not , don't know about the rest .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Ok it looks like my exchange has been upgraded as promised.

These are the only two that I can use ( Smart or Eircom ) ? Smart are cheaper so will probably go with them.

Smart :

Static IP Address - 1 included Included
    FREE Technical Support Included
    24Mb Down / 500Kbps Up Included

Optional Wi Fi Included
    Broadband €49.00
    Line Rental €20.96
    Total €69.9

Eircom
    Business Advanced is eircom's fastest ever broadband package with speeds of 24Mb download and 1Mb upload over our next generation adsl2+ platform.

€99/ month Price includes*:
    Up to 24Mb download speed
    Upload speed of 1Mb
    Free Self-install connection
    Free WiFi modem
    Free WiFi access out and about

Any other options ? thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Smart would be cheapest .

Advertisement