Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair ski/board question...

Options
  • 08-11-2009 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hey guys hopefully someone can answer this one:

Can you still check in online if you are bringing just handluggage and a ski/boardbag?? Or do you have to pay for a standard check-in??

Fill a brother in!!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You can only checkin online for Ryanair now, you then have to drop the checked in bags at a Ryanair desk in the airport. Not actually been on them with checked bags for a while myself, but I belive that there can be big queues now as you have several flights all using the same desk to drop their bags off so allow enough time for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Yeah robinph is correct, i fly with them quite regularly. You have to check in online, make sure you dont forget or you will have to pay extra charges and more queuing at the ryanair helpdesk in the airport.

Ryanair only have baggage drop areas now, so it doesnt matter what flight your on, you all queue at the same place so get there early.

Did you check out how much it costs to take your snowboard with you on ryanair. Its £40 each leg of the trip, so for a return flight £80. Im not taking my snowboard with me to Austria this year because im flying Oslo Torp-London then London-Salzburg, it would work out at £160 to bring my snowboard, feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

cheers boyos, thanks for the tips!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Smutty007

Yup the two boys are bang on, it's all bag drops now.
    Totally right about getting there early the ques can be ridiculous.
    But you'll be armed with ski's/board so they can be used to swat those infront of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭prunudo

Not used it myself but would you still need to queue with everybody else as the board bag would have to go to the over sized baggage anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You'd still need the baggage tag from the bag drop desk before you can take it to the oversized desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭prunudo

robinph wrote: »
    You'd still need the baggage tag from the bag drop desk before you can take it to the oversized desk.

Ah true, hadnt thought of that.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

I haven't brought equipment with me, but this might help...
    http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=bag&quest=sportsequipment
    Any item of sports equipment weighing over 20 kilos will be charged for the excess weight at the applicable rate per kilo.

Ryanair being Ryanair I thought I would point that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭paulharte

I haven't brought equipment with me, but this might help...
    http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=bag&quest=sportsequipment

Ryanair being Ryanair I thought I would point that out.

I saw that alright, they snuck that one in in the last year...

20kg still gives you more than the standard Ryanair limit of 15kg for all bags combined though.

Not sure if it would be possible, but if you can get board, boots and all your gear into the one bag for under 20kg then it isn't that bad a deal. Just pay for the sports equipment charge and no regular bags. Cannot be done with skis though as a bag to fit skis, ski boots and the rest of your kit in don't exist so you'd have to pay for a standard bag and the sports equipment charge as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

robinph wrote: »
    Cannot be done with skis though as a bag to fit skis, ski boots and the rest of your kit in don't exist so you'd have to pay for a standard bag and the sports equipment charge as well.

It does exist as I have one, but getting under the weight might be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

It does exist as I have one, but getting under the weight might be a problem

would it be possible to post a link to an example of your bag ? thanks

Advertisement