Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get cheap Christmas mugs??

Options
  • 07-11-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

My mum is having a charity sale in work and they're trying to put things together to sell for a profit. Last year she was able to get cheap mugs (€1.50 each) in Clearys with Christmas patterns on them which she filled with sweets to sell. Clearys aren't doing them this year and neither are Penneys. She needs them kind of soon and can't really travel to Ikea. Does anyone know anywhere in the city centre or else Blanchardstown area that she might be able to pick up something like that?
    Cheers - and, happy Christmas!!! :D

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Not helping purely because you just wished us happy Christmas on the 7th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Dunnes have them, but they're three quid so they'll be a whore of a price for a mug by the time she puts her charity mark up on.
    I'd say any of those euro savey cheapy shops would be a good bet.

Happy Christmas to you and your mum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Not helping purely because you just wished us happy Christmas on the 7th of November.

It was said with irony, and not just festive cheer!
    Cheers Mikey - I figured the euro stores would be my best bet, but have tried a few of them and they don't seem to have most of their Christmas stock in yet. I was wondering if anyone had come across them in a specific shop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

I was in Penney's in Blanchardstown last Friday and they did indeed have large Christmas mugs for €2.50 each. If you still need them, maybe you should try again...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KatieEgg

I second the Penneys idea, they even had some for a euro or one fifty :)
    Definitely worth the look, even worth looking in the Penneys in the neighboring town if yours doesn't have any, as we all know how Penneys stock can differ from store to store sometimes!

~Katie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Ask at your local euro shop. They may not have them on display yet but lots of stores have their Christmas stock delivered at this stage. Just ask and they might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Hey guys - cheers, you've been really helpful. My mum ended up getting some in Penneys for €2 and then some really good ones for €1.50 each in a Euro Store in Maynooth. She has filled them with chocolate so here's hoping they sell well!
    Thanks!! :D

Advertisement