Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quashqai opinions/experiences?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I just test drove a quashqai today and I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions of it. We might consider a 08/09 in the future, depending on funds, petrol 1.6 because we will have low mileage. I like the high driving position myself. Anything to look out for?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Not a bad machine, I'd still stump up for the extra few quid to get the 1.5 diesel - If even for the driving experience. It is streets ahead of the 1.6 petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

they have been knowing to have had poor build quality in the past and have led to niggily problems

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's an interesting package, Ok, the handling isn't as good as a Megane or a Focus - but it's a lot better than something like a Tucson or Sportage etc.
    I drove the 1.5 diesel and was very imressed. they're good value for money if you were considering a jeepy car.
    Unless the 1.6 is significantly cheaper I wouldn't bother. the low VRT rate on imports mean there'll be a good few more used ones imported in the future - this could affect any attempt you make to sell the car down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

NOt a bad car, massive spec for the price. Even the base model has plenty of toys.
    Drove one as a company car for a few months. My only problem was that due to a bad back, i felt a little nit of pain after driving it for more than an hour or two.
    That might just be me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Doesn't do anything particularly well, high driving position yes! Whats the tax band on the 1.6 petrol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Drove the 2.0 cvt...grand car bar the silly gearbox. Comfy and decent build. Will make almera owners weak at the knees...if it's about town or on a cruise I'd go go for it

Doesn't do anything particularly well, high driving position yes! Whats the tax band on the 1.6 petrol?
    Most 1.6 models were sold under the old tax regime.
    If it was registered before July 08 then the tax is €445 , if it's after July 08 then it's €447

The diesel is €357 before January 08 and €156 after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

there are about 7 billion used ones around so I wouldn't be afraid to make a ridiculously insulting offer if I were after one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

The two people I know that have them both have the same problem. The paint keeps falling off the bumpers.

• Advertisement

squod wrote: »
    The two people I know that have them both have the same problem. The paint keeps falling off the bumpers.
    They any good at parking? ;)

Advertisement