Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossover cable 5E IBB breeze.

Options
  • 07-11-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

I have 3mb Irish Broadband Breeze and my cable from the (Radio)unit to the computer broke(Ethernet cable)

I went out and bought 2 different ones and both of them dont work, so I contact IBB and the said I needed a crossover cable 5E. So I had a search and found that there is both a 5E and 6E cable.

So is the 6E better that the 5E?

And where can I get a good one? If I pick up a cheap one somewhere will it reduce the ping and up/download speed?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Hi, a crossover cable just has the recieve and transmit wires reversed and can be bought in any computer shop (for a crazy price) They are £4.99 on maplins uk site : http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=47616 or if you can get to radionics in crumlin or all cables (used to be in dolphins barn) you might get one cheaper. 5E and 6E won't make any difference to what you want it to do. As for the quality, especially if it dosn't get moved a lot, I'd go cheap and cheerful.

Advertisement