Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Build - Best Package To Use

Options
  • 07-11-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am looking for advise on the best package to use to build a simple site. Would like it to have comprehensive template collection but also for me to build from scratch. Have used Namo Webeditor before but it is limited. Dreamweaver looks very complicated to use. Any suggestions/recommendations for something inbetwee.?
    Don't really want to use an online site builder tool like webnode etc. I have domain and hosting sorted so would rather use this of course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

I would go the CMS route, but since you have templates..

How about Microsoft Expression Web, it's not that expensive but you may be spending time arsein with it! I don't think Dreamweaver is that complicated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

Dreamwever is not complicated if you know how to use it, but then again that goes for everything.

What i liked about learning to use dreamweaver is when you do something you can see the page view and code view.
    A tip i would give is learn what you can but if you need to do some work in the code it will help you understand what is going on and it will be better in the future.
    Using things like php, OOP, "include('');", "header.php", "footer.php", "nav.php", "body.php" using <div>'s rather than tables or mixing them.

Advertisement