Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Spain for six months. Advice needed!!!

Options
  • 07-11-2009 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I am finished college at the end of December and currently my plan is to travel to Spain to live and work from February to the end of the summer (the theory being that Spanish people work more at this cooler time of year and there should be more jobs)

I was thinking about heading south to the Med coast and starting there but I cant find any info about accommodation that isnt aimed at short-term tourists.

Has anyone done this kind of travel before.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Indy travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 SonicC

if your going to any med resorts like that eg. spain, caneries, greece u wont find much if anything about accommation on the net, all that is worked out when u get over, once u get into the resort within a day ull find out were theres aparments to rent for hoilday workers like yourself, i came across the same prob when i moved to cyprus a few summers ago, nothing over net jobs nd accom, but once ur in the place ull see theres acomm nd jobs if us just walk around and ask locals. Resturant nd pubs, alot these places have rooms/aparments above there premises that might come with the job or for rent, and if not they'l point in the right direction of were to find one.

my adive to you is to book ur flight and one week accomm in holiday aparment. like you would if your going away on weeks hoilday, then that will give you a week to find accom and know ur way around the place.

Advertisement