Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Depths of driving stupidity plumbed today

Options
  • 07-11-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

Driving home from town just there , coming through Castleknock village with the traffic absolutely crazy, backed up to the college gates. After around 10 minutes I reach the T-junction with Auburn avenue. While I'm waiting for the lights to change I notice the Red Renault van behind me go into the right turning lane beside me , presumably with the intention of going down Auburn Avenue. Just as the light changes this moron steps on the gas and instead of turning right tears off right in front of me. The only thing that stopped us ploughing into each other was the fact I gave a quick glance in my right mirror ( just out of habit really ) and noticed this clown tearing in front. Not only did he almost hit me but the car coming in the opposite direction had to swerve to avoid him.To top it off in typical scumbag driving fashion he saw fit to give me the finger after I beeped him. As well as being absolutely infuriated by this , I'm also baffled. What had he to gain ?? Stuck in traffic , going absolutely nowhere , and he decides to overtake in such a wreckless manner. He was hardly in a hurry as he let out a couple of cars at the shops and at Myos later on. I've seen a lot of apalling , dangerous behaviour on our roads but this was something else. Rant over!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭B11gt00e

... greasy wet roads today and all
    you got the finger because his aggression is masking his embarrasment at failing to pull off a manoevre that was beyond him and outside of an emergency, uncalled for. - as there's a lotta kids and parents in traffic on a saturday either going shopping (Blanch etc.)or trying to get into the park for recreational purposes with dogs etc.

... the closure of the castle knock gate at the park there has meant a lot of people that don't usually drive through the village have to these days to get onto auburn/m50/m-n3... there should be better traffic flow at the end of the month when they're supposed to re-open. Anyone see if they're on schedule with the work and going to repoen said gate at the planned time?

... the beep you gave him was well merrited on the occassion and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Shocking usually its a white van.

People get a buzz out of breaking rules. Theres also an element of bullying, where they force their way ahead. Unfortunately, its usually successful. Which is why often its expensive cars you see doing this. Or company cars where the driver doesn't car if it gets damaged, like a van. Or just morons.

Report the reg for dangerous driving. Theres a chance they might have a word in his ear.

Advertisement