Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Painted or on a sign

Options
  • 07-11-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Which has priority in law? A junction I used today has a Yield sign, and painted on the road "STOP".

I chose to stop, but had I not, could I claim to have been prepared to yield if pulled over by An Garda?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

It's a mistake, which are not catered for in law.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Road sign over road markings, I believe.

If you find a Guard that pulls you for a rolling stop at any junction yet alone that one I'd be amazed!

My own estate has the reverse, stop sign and a yield triangle on the markings.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

You should have stopped. I often heard the phase 'When in doubt, stop'. I can't remember where I seen or heard it.

Advertisement