Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Usage Question

Options
  • 07-11-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else is using Perlico and if so...
    Every time I try to check my usage online, the facility on the perlico website tells me that due to technical difficulties they cannot display usage figures.
    I'm on a package capped at 24gigs a month and I'm a heavy downloader so it's important for me to keep an eye on how near I'm getting to my monthly limit.
    I'm wondering does the problem on their webpage mean that they have no clue how much I'm downloading, or does it just mean that they can't tell me?

Does anyone else use perlico, and can they tell me if they've been charged for going past their monthly limit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

smithcity wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else is using Perlico and if so...
    Every time I try to check my usage online, the facility on the perlico website tells me that due to technical difficulties they cannot display usage figures.
    I'm on a package capped at 24gigs a month and I'm a heavy downloader so it's important for me to keep an eye on how near I'm getting to my monthly limit.
    I'm wondering does the problem on their webpage mean that they have no clue how much I'm downloading, or does it just mean that they can't tell me?

Does anyone else use perlico, and can they tell me if they've been charged for going past their monthly limit?

Im in the exact same situation as you- i emailed the perlico support line and they emailed me back saying that the online checker would not be fixed anytime soon-absolute bull ****! How am i supposed to know how much my router downloads? i have a program to monitor how much i download but im using wireless so if i get hacked i have no way of knowing if a hacker is downloading a lot eating up my usage limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

I used perlico years ago and there CS was **** IMHO.
    There speeds were not even comparable to dialup at times, but like I said that was a few years ago, maybe they have improved somewhat :p

aerocell wrote: »
    There speeds were not even comparable to dialup at times, but like I said that was a few years ago, maybe they have improved somewhat :p

What is CS? did you get charged for going over the limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gav240

cs = customer support

its still as crap as ever (service + c.s)

if your using WPA encryption it's highly unlikely that you will be
    hacked

if you go over your limit you will be charged. has happened to me a few times

now i use netmeter to keep an eye on my limit as the useage thingy on the website hardly ever works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pinoy

aerocell wrote: »

costumer service is pretty ok (if they ever answer after 10/20 minutes!). one complain i have is the connection. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOW!!!! subscribed to 3 mb but only getting less than 1 meg! if anyone wants to switch to perlico, please save your self a lot of hassle,... DON'T !!! unfortunately there is nothing i could do since i am tied up with their contract for 12 MONTHS!! i am thinking of starting YOGA soon to help me relax when im dealing with these issues. anyone having same probs or its just me and my humble pc? any tips to boost the speed ? cant wait till december 2010 to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

pinoy wrote: »
    costumer service is pretty ok (if they ever answer after 10/20 minutes!). one complain i have is the connection. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SLOW!!!! subscribed to 3 mb but only getting less than 1 meg! if anyone wants to switch to perlico, please save your self a lot of hassle,... DON'T !!! unfortunately there is nothing i could do since i am tied up with their contract for 12 MONTHS!! i am thinking of starting YOGA soon to help me relax when im dealing with these issues. anyone having same probs or its just me and my humble pc? any tips to boost the speed ? cant wait till december 2010 to get out.
    To be honest I'm having the same trouble with Eircom, up/down stream values are a joke it seems that the rule of thumb is that whatever speed you're subscribed to you only get a third of it. The problem is that you have brand new technology coming from brand new servers through age old telephone exchanges and even older wiring, your ISP may be providing the speed but your line can only sync so much that's why you'll hear ads saying up to 3Mb rather than guaranteed. I think it may even be in your T&C's. And I'm not hiding the fact that I used to work for Perlico BB support.

Perlico are are a SCAM! Tried to charge me extra for download allowance. I have one pc with a program for showing how much traffic i use. I was within my limit but according to the bill i got last month i downloaded a extra 50gb that i cant account for. As per usual the online checker does not work and they cant even fuking show me what the extra usage was used on. I cannot wait for my contract to be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Perlico are are a SCAM! Tried to charge me extra for download allowance. I have one pc with a program for showing how much traffic i use. I was within my limit but according to the bill i got last month i downloaded a extra 50gb that i cant account for. As per usual the online checker does not work and they cant even fuking show me what the extra usage was used on. I cannot wait for my contract to be over.
    Well I don't know what you mean by scam, ISP usage meters are provided for convenience, the onus ultimately is on you to keep account of your usage and ensure you're not being hacked. If you're adamant you're getting the broken end of the bottle you should contact Comreg and explain the situation.

Advertisement