Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Band A (104EURO) Tax Commercial van?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking to purchase a commercial van and would really like if it was band A so that I could save a few pennies on tax. I was looking for something in the Renault Kangoo or perhaps Clio or Peugeot 206 line (just to give you an idea of the size of vehicle im after). I have been doing some research myself but am struggling to come up with any commercial vans in tax band A. Has anyone out there got any experience of this? Does such a Tax band A commercial van even exist?

There are so many commercials out there, its difficult to come up with the answers.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Proteuspal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

proteuspal wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am looking to purchase a commercial van and would really like if it was band A so that I could save a few pennies on tax. I was looking for something in the Renault Kangoo or perhaps Clio or Peugeot 206 line (just to give you an idea of the size of vehicle im after). I have been doing some research myself but am struggling to come up with any commercial vans in tax band A. Has anyone out there got any experience of this? Does such a Tax band A commercial van even exist?

There are so many commercials out there, its difficult to come up with the answers.

Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Proteuspal

Commercial tax for vehicles up to 3.5 tons is a standard rate - currently €288 per annum.

You can tax a commercial privately, but it's based on the old engine size system so you won't get one for €104 a year.

CO2 emissions are not published for commercial vehicles in Ireland.

Advertisement