Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas heating system - radiators hot, water cold

Options
  • 07-11-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Am renting a modern apartment with a gas heating system. Never used one before and finding it finicky. ANyway, was grand until I turned on the radiators recently.

Despite the fact that the gas boiler says 65c and the pressure is around 1.5 (having topped up the system), and the radiators are hot during the time the gas is on, the temperature of the water coming out of the taps is barely lukewarm most of the time. This despite the fact the gas is on for 12 hours a day, including between 4am and 9am (could barely shower this morning)

Any ideas why radiators would be hot but water coming out of the pipes could be cold?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭shane b

Hi
    Had a similiar problem when my girlfreind and i moved into an apartment last year. the problem was a faulty motorised valve connected to the water cylinder which was staying in the closed position. There are 2 motorised valves in our hotpress area , one for the hot water and one for the radiators. they are controlled by the timer which can be set separately or both together depending on what we want. We got by for a while by using the immersion.
    The landlord replaced the valve and all was fine

Advertisement