Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going out in town, some suggestions?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

it's just for my 20th so i'm looking for somewhere cheapish & good music (if they did food that would be bonus! :)) kinda similar to pravda (ha'penny bridge) but something different, any ideas? much appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

TP Smiths, Just behind the Jervis St Centre

Dandilion on stephens Green

Porterhouse (either one, parliment street or Nasuua Street)

Karma, In christchurch (next to handels hotel)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

thanks, i've been to dandelion recently, are pints €5 everywhere now? cause they were there (i haven't been out in town for a while :D)
    it seemed nice otherwise, do they do any special promos etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

What night do you want to go out on. There's different prices in different places depending on the night, also some pubs are better on certain nights so it'd help narrow it down.

saturday night, the only night most friends will be free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

redz!

• Advertisement

hmm, maybe somewhere a little easier to chat? but thanks for the feedback anywho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Right well the Thomas Reads chain has drinks specials at the moment (www.thomasread.ie) and there's a bunch of pubs in there, you like Pravda so maybe The Oak on Dame Street and then downstairs to Thomas Reads after. Or you could eat in L'Geuleton on Fade Street and go to the pub upstairs afterwards (bit poncy) or into Hogans. Also could grab pizzas in Bia Bar (2 for E15 until 10pm) and then head somewhere like Capitol afterwards. Me I'd probably grab food in Solas on Wexford Street and go to the village afterwards but I'm a good bit older than you so that mightn't be best advice for someone your age.

thanks jdivision, that was very helpful! i was actually thinking about bia bar, might go in there later to scope it out, although the village sounds good too! :D just have to decide now, thank you :)

so i was strolling down georges street, after getting some lunch in bia bar (booked up the night of party :() so i thought i'd check out the globe
    and it seems pretty nice, and its free into rí-rá :) so unless anyone's had a lot of bad experiences...?, i think i'll do it there :D
    ps. is capitol really STRICTLY over 21s or does it just say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Its pretty strict on it im afraid. And they tend to play their music at 2 decibels louder than it should be

• Advertisement

so anyone ever been to the globe? or rí-rá? is it good/bad/average? just wondering :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Havent been there in a while, but i've never had a bad night in either RiRa or the Globe. The Globe always filled up quickly, so get in early to get a table.

glad to hear it, none of my friends nor i have ever been there but it seemed like a cool place and i wanted to go somewhere different, also got a reservation :)

Advertisement