Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating maths to prove a point to yourself?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Right ive been thinking for a while about repeating maths.Got a C1 in honours maths last year with barely any work and i know i can do much better.Currently doing a course in ul slightly maths related.Do you think I should repeat maths so I can say to myself that i tried my very best in the subject because i know il always regret getting a C1 when i have the potential for an A or high B?Would it be worth the effort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Dante

Fúck no.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In a few years you won't care and may even cringe a bit when you think of considering it.

Try your best in the course you're in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ste234

Go for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

spurious wrote: »
    Try your best in the course you're in now.
    Exactly, you got your course and the leaving cert is in the past, so just forget about it.
    Besides you don't know that you'll always regret it, if anything you could end up regretting the decision to repeat maths, especially if your course work suffers as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

eoins2345 wrote: »
    Right ive been thinking for a while about repeating maths.Got a C1 in honours maths last year with barely any work and i know i can do much better.Currently doing a course in ul slightly maths related.Do you think I should repeat maths so I can say to myself that i tried my very best in the subject because i know il always regret getting a C1 when i have the potential for an A or high B?Would it be worth the effort?

i'm in the same boat ish, in sixth now, failed my 4th/5th yr tests, but i know if i actually worked i could ace them...
    upon reading your comment i think its going to inspire me not to be in the same boat, myself and my teacher know i could get an a1 with a tiny bit of work on my part....
    thanks anyways OP sorry i couldn't help you though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bloodmager

It 's not worth to repeat a subject in the past. If u think maths plays a big part in your course then u should borrow books from library and study.

Don't waste a year just for repeating...you can ask your lectureer if u don't understand some maths problem :)

Advertisement