Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who is in wrong?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 4:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Just a bit pissed off, On my way to work yesterday, coming up towards Tallaght Village:

47356853a11827990811l.jpg

Thats me in Green, obviously joined the back of the queue to turn right.

Now next picture:

47356853a11827990829l.jpg

Me still in green, fella in blue is a 7 seater taxi, who absolutely seen the queue and decided **** this i'll cut in up ahead. I actually saw him stop and indicate right in my left hand mirror before he moved up.

47356853a11827990845l.jpg

Now all traffic was stationary, then the turn right filter went green, so i moved up to not let this ****er in and he pulled in infront of me (No Collision though). He then proceeds to roll down his window, i rolled down mine and said: "your indicator does not give you right of way" he turns around to me and says: "do you know the rules of the road?", I said: "**** the rules of the road, your indicator doesnt not give right of way, plus you should give way to any traffic going straight on!!", however he was shouting the odds at me and anyone who would listen. I'll hold up my hands; I was on a crossed-median, so he started pointing down to it to try and vindicate himself and stating to anyone in eye/earshot: "he shouldnt be on that", i then turned around and "**** off, and go and tell the other 20+ people behind me 1-by-1 the same thing, cause we have all been queueing" he then said "i dont mind getting the guards". I told him to go **** himself before copping that the rules of the road are a code and not law.

Anyway who was in the wrong? I know myself I wasnt 100% innocent, but this **** threatening my like this has really pissed me off.

Plus what would the gardai have done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

U were in the wrong u shouldn't have been queing ur giving out to him
    but actually he did right and followed the rules according to the road markings. Why would u not let him
    in causing so much road rage. What's the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

blahblah06 wrote: »
    U were in the wrong u shouldn't have been queing

Very easy thing to say isnt it? If id done what he did; people (like me) wouldnt let him in thus blocking 2 lanes.
    ur giving out to him
    but actually he did right and followed the rules according to the road markings. Why would u not let him

If i had of done what he done i would have held up at least 6 cars who were going straight through. I know he did right by the rules of the road, but the fact i saw him trying to join the queue behind me before moving up pissed me off. I most likely would have let him in but he was so sneaky and bullying in his big converted transit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Sorry OP, but you would have been at fault if an accident had occured. Leaving the emotion aside, the other guy was obeying road markings, and you weren't. It doesn't matter how many cars you hold up, you are not permitted to drive on hatched road markings to get to your destination quicker, or for any other reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Cheers for the replies, looks like i'll have to concede defeat early, at least i have learned from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ye mate there really isn't any point in getting road rage over it. Specially wen it comes to a taxi sure there was prob a bus lane ahead and he would have passes ya anyway if ya didn't let him in. Not worth the agro imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why would u not let him

People skipping ques causes road rage, not the people who righly dont let them skip.
    I;d be willing to bet the taxi driver does similar at any junction he doesnt fancy waiting at, whether he is technically right or wrong. Theres a very good chance he is one of the idiots that looks at a line of traffic on the off ramp from the M50 and goes to the top of it while still on the main carriageway then blocks it while forcign his way in.

Queing like this is called common sense. If they qued the strictly legal way, then all the traffic through Tallaght village going right , left or straight would have to sit in a mile of traffic waiting for people to turn right. Whereas like this, the line of traffic going right allows the rest of the traffic to keep moving . Anyone who objects to this and uses it as a reason to skip and then blame others is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Common sense needs to prevail here. In heavy traffic, a group of motorists were showing courtesy to others by not blocking their route and one gob****e came along and decided that this was his opportunity to skip the queue.
    Perhaps the OP shouldn't have been on the hatchings but the taxi driver was executing a lane change and as such must give way to traffic already in that lane and of course to traffic on his right, so it's not as clear cut as others have pointed out.
    The taxi driver was out of order but a little bit of advice to the OP, confrontations like this should be avoided at all costs. The rage, the raised blood pressure, the pulse racing, it can only lead to a sorry mess. Treat it like a junction in slow moving traffic, let one person in, then hold your position. Traffic will move more smoothly and you'll be less stressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Dublin taxi drivers own the roads!!!!

Advertisement