Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how strict are digiweb with their download limit?

Options
  • 07-11-2009 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hey, was wondering is digiweb very strict when it come to limits. I'm on the 30gb limit metro pack with a 20gb addon. Will they cut me off straight away if i go over the 50gigs or will they allow me to go a few over?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They are strict. They throttle your speeds back to dial up when you hit the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

jor el wrote: »
    They are strict. They throttle your speeds back to dial up when you hit the limit.

Just what i didn't want to hear, I'm at the limit now. I'll just have to be careful for the next couple of days. Thanks

• Moderators Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭x PyRo

They constantly cut down my speeds when i went above my limit every time until i went under it again. They're a disaster!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Very!

They'll have no hesitation in giving you dial up speeds if you go just over your limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Just what i didn't want to hear, I'm at the limit now. I'll just have to be careful for the next couple of days. Thanks

Not just a couple of days, possibly 30 days. Their cap roles along on a 30 day basis, so you won't be back to 0 unless you stop using it for a month. If your usage peaked with a large amount in one of the last few days, then that large amount stays with you for 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I got an automated email saying if I persisted they would act, but otherwise there was nothing. That was DSL tho, dunno if the policy on Metro is different.

Advertisement