Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coleslaw?????

Options
  • 06-11-2009 9:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if it is ok to eat Coleslaw while pregnant?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Should be fine. The mayo should be made with pasteurised egg though (e.g. helmanns or whatever is fine). Having cravings? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Im 30 weeks and stuff my face with the stuff so i think its fine, years ago there used to be cases of listerine from coldslaw but everything is pasturised these days so it should be fine!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ya coleslaw is grand. I wouldn't eat anything that doesn't look fresh but that stands even when I'm not pregnant. I've eaten lots of coleslaw and potato salad over the past months, yummy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Chesty LaRue

Khannie wrote: »
    Should be fine. The mayo should be made with pasteurised egg though (e.g. helmanns or whatever is fine). Having cravings? :)

No major cravings...partial to a nice red juicy apple (not too hard)!! :)
    but after spending about 16wks puking up my dinner :( I love my ham salad bagel with coleslaw...which stays down....so thanks for info....

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Don't listen to the internet. You'll hear about all sorts of things you shouldn't have!

I asked my doctor about it after months of avoiding so many things only to find out the only things doctors advise you not to eat is unpasteurised dairy and egg products, raw fish and undercooked meat.

Apart from that you should be fine!

• Advertisement
Advertisement