Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to wireless

Options
  • 06-11-2009 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I need a little of your expertise on here.

I have broadband with Eircom. I have one of the old Netopia modems which is no wireless.

I am wondering if it's possible to replace the old modem with a wireless one? Can I just go buy a new one and connect it to the phone point?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hello,

I need a little of your expertise on here.

I have broadband with Eircom. I have one of the old Netopia modems which is no wireless.

I am wondering if it's possible to replace the old modem with a wireless one? Can I just go buy a new one and connect it to the phone point?

Thanks

Yes and if you ask them they have even been known to send out a wireless replacement. If they dont agree to that any combined wireless modem/router should do fine - its only a matter of putting in the Eircom settings which are available on the web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

What dub said. Everyone has their own favourite or preference for modem. The one I use is this one and I find it very good. But any wireless modem should suffice.
    W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Thanks Dub and Wcarey,

I'll give them a call and see how I get on.

Cheers.

Advertisement