Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer who wants to start Reggae / ska band

Options
  • 06-11-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Drummer (23) living in inchicore wants to start a reggae/ska band,

I have been playing drums for a few years, played in gigging bands

but never got too excited about the music we were playing.

So I have decided to start my own band which I know Iwill enjoy.

Dont care who wants to play what, but a basist/ guitarist/ singer/ sax / trumpet player would be a good place to start.

Cheers

Killian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Rancidmaniac13

Hey!
    Guitarist here. 19, living between Maynooth and Nort Dublin. Would love to start a ska band. I also play a bit of trumpet too. Was in a band for a while too but wasn't too excited about it. Want to gig with a ska band, especially if it's ska-punk. Stuff like Operation Ivy, The Clash, The Specials, Reel Big Fish, Catch 22. Anyway let me know if you're interested or wanna jam some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 killlilt

ya man sounds cool, your living between maynooth and north dublin, thats a fairly wide region! we shud definitly meet up, if it doesnt work, how bad! at least we will know, would it be easier for me to jam with u as I have a van so I could move my drums, unless you want to come to inchicore? ;edt me know anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Hey there, I'm a guitar player too, age 25. I've been looking to start a reggae/ska band for a while too I've posted a couple of ads here even in the past. I would like to meet up some weekend for a jam if you'd like. I'm moving to Dublin in a few months but I'm up here every weekend at the minute. I have some reggae tracks written too. Let me know if you'd be interested cheers. I'll pm you my number

Ya sounds good we can get together and jam if ya want some weekend

Ok, I can jam next weekend in Inchicore if you'd like, give me a call on my number during the week to arrange it. I sent you the number on a pm yesterday, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Myles2tone

Hi,my name is Myles.Im a bass player,and a massive ska fan.Im 19,but ive been playing since i was fourteen,and have plenty of gigging experience.I live in kimmage,but ive loads of mates in maynooth college,and id be willing to travel a bit if it u get a band together.Fav bands are the specials,the beat,mighty mighty bosstones,reel big fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tomiswhoiam

hey my name is tom im 23 sang in a ska band for 5 years outa the game a while now looking to get back in from santry gime a pm if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jivedude

killlilt wrote: »
    Drummer (23) living in inchicore wants to start a reggae/ska band,

I have been playing drums for a few years, played in gigging bands

but never got too excited about the music we were playing.

So I have decided to start my own band which I know Iwill enjoy.

Dont care who wants to play what, but a basist/ guitarist/ singer/ sax / trumpet player would be a good place to start.

Cheers

Killian

Hey,

I'm a singer and I already sing reggae, would love to go live as I do now with backing tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Rancidmaniac13

Looks like we could have something here. Sent a few PM's around, anyway.

Ya this looks good, Is there somewhere we could all get together in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Great stuff, is there any place and time that suits every one I have some strange working hours, so if ye want to throw up some ideas, I could do it around dublin or maynooth on a saturday afternoon if that suits anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jivedude

Yes can come to dublin but has to be a solid arrangement cos i'll be travelling from Wexford pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 A-C-C#-D

Hey man I'm an 18 year old bassist from Fairview, like lots of old and new ska and reggae. Depending of where your practising and when and all that I'm interested.

Advertisement