Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places that sell air brushes in Dublin ???

Options
  • 06-11-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I am looking for places that sells air brushes and paints in town , I am a complete beginner so I was thinking cheap and cheerful to start off . I’ll be doing (trying to at least) murals (on bed room wall) and canvases of old school tattoos so there is a lot of bold colour to be filled in along with the shading and finer details looking around the internet I am a bit lost so I really need a bricks and mortar shop , I all ready have a compressor but it is maybe a bit big (1.5 bhp 24l tank goes up to 8 bar) and the connecting on the air brushes on line look a tad different I think?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,259 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kennedy's in Harcourt street do airbrushes - ask for (I think) Finnbar. Although, if you're doing murals, you may need something bigger than a small spraygun rather than an airbrush.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Kennedy's in Harcourt street do airbrushes - ask for (I think) Finnbar. Although, if you're doing murals, you may need something bigger than a small spraygun rather than an airbrush.
    thanks , I was thinking that the air brush might be a bit small for the bigger area's (I have a spry gun but that is way too big), I need the air brush for the shading/finer detail but I am not apposed to using a different style for applying the rest of the paint ,

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FICOCO

O'sullivan graphics camden st. supplies air brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Hi, just a few points. I would think that your compressor would be too big to run an air brush as typically you only need 10- 40 psi for most applications. You might find a smaller dedicated compressor would be better although that said you can buy cans of compressed air if you are only experimenting. O' Sullivans is pretty good for most stuff although if you go onto Ebay and search "airbrush" you can come up with some bargains and a lot of tat!
    To cover large areas in the manner you describe, needs what is known in the spray painting trade as a "Door jamb gun" or a mini gun. You can run this off your existing compressor no problem.
    I could go on for ages about the "best" brand or type- double or single action etc, my best advice is to buy a book on the subject or go online to check out resources. I'll give you a starting point!
    http://www.kustomkulturelounge.com/forum/
    http://crafts.stores.shop.ebay.ie/_stores_W0QQ_sacatZ28111
    http://www.airbrushtechnique.com/forums/index.php
    I hope this little lot helps let me know if you need more info.
    Regards Judas

• Registered Users Posts: 33,259 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Word about the cans: very very short term (the only last something like 15 mins) and the pressure of the can drops as you use it, meaning the paint doesn't spray as well. Honestly can't see it working for a mural.

Do a search for an airbrush called "Colani". It's expesnive and you'll have to order it by mail, but it might be just what you need.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

thank's guy's:D

Advertisement