Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renting a car from garage

Options
  • 06-11-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello!

I hope somebody can help me on this. I am currently driving my brothers jeep while he is working abroad. He is home this Christmas for three weeks and will be using the jeep while he is here, so I will need to rent a car for the three weeks. The problem is, it costs a fortune! I was quoted €680 with a very cheap car rental company and that's transferring my own insurance onto it (and this was their cheapest car)

I was wondering if normal garages rent cars out? Or does anybody know a cheap & reliable option for renting a car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd say this is more suited to Motors tbh!

I'll move it there now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

2 days ago i booked a car at Enterprise for 18 days, costing me €220,- for end of november.
    This is without extra insurance and for a Opel Astra or similar.
    Couple of years ago i rented a car with them for the christmas period coming at 130 for 13 days. Check them out i am sure you ll have it cheaper than 680

Edit:
    I did look for a quote just right now. 272 for december 14th till january 4th. For an astra or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Matamoros

Hi, I work for Enterprise, my tip is to get in as early as possible and book online now if you can, there is no obligation on you when you book, you can cancel anytime, prices go up significantly closer to Christmas but Enterprise will always beat the other well known companies on price. In five years in the business, I have never heard of a garage renting their cars for the period of time that you state. Depending on your age, you must have a full licence, a credit or laser card in your own name and some proof of address. I hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Matamoros wrote: »
    but Enterprise will always beat the other well known companies on price

Not always they dont....;)

OP, no garage will rent out a car to you. There's too much risk involved, for little gain. The quote you got does sound expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭misstierney

Thanks soooooo much for your replies, have booked a car for three weeks @ €272. I brought the date four days forward and the price was reduced by a whopping €400!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

OP, no garage will rent out a car to you. There's too much risk involved, for little gain.
    http://www.hbdennis.ie/range_rover_rental.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Mick K

PM me and I can give you a special rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Mick K wrote: »
    PM me and I can give you a special rate.

do you work for enterprise ?

Advertisement