Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freedom of Information Act question

• 06-11-2009 6:27pm

A relative of mine received a registered letter this morning from our county council. He had put up a fence around his garden in what is an open plan area. We accept this (although he had rang the council before erecting it and they said it was ok but that's another story). In the letter it said "representations" had been made about the fence to the council. I presume this is another word for complaints.

My question is can he find out under the FOI who made these representations? I got the FOI officer for the council off the foi.gov.ie website. Unfortunately this was at 4.35pm and they had gone home at 4.30pm :rolleyes:

So now I have to wait the whole weekend before I can find out. Can anybody here tell me and put me out of my misery? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,527 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I understnad such representations are received in confidence, so only if it turned out to be untrue would be get the info.

He fudged the law, he needs to take responsibility.

Victor wrote: »
    He fudged the law, he needs to take responsibility.
    A bit harsh. He rang the council first and they told him it would be okay if it did not go above a certain height. He obeyed this but now they're saying open plan should be open plan. It cost €600 to erect and will cost €150 to take down which I think is punishment enough.

There are other factors too such as stormy relations with certain neighbours. One of his neighbours damaged his property which led to him putting the damn thing up in the first place. Pity we won't know for sure who the malicious individual was that complained although you can imagine who we are suspicious of. But thank you for your reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,527 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you think it was malicious, tell the council.

Victor wrote: »
    If you think it was malicious, tell the council.
    Would that make any difference? The fence is down now and the FOI officer at the Council confirmed what you posted earlier. Can't find out who complained. We weren't going to firebomb their house or anything :D. It's just that if someone has it in for you you'd like to know who.

Advertisement