Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrenpoint Event

Options
  • 06-11-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know what time the MMA event at the Balmoral hotel starts tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I think it was due to start at 7pm.
    But because of work commitments Aiden Marron cant Ref tonight so im heading down shortly from Antrim to do it in his place. So i guess it kinda depends on how long it takes me to get there.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Just home.
    Good enough show. It was there first fight night and everything ran reasonably well. The only problems i had were that the venue was too small. And there were too many D-Class fights on the card.
    8 D-Class, 4 C-Class and 1 A-Class in total.
    Other than that they had all the essential things in place good MC, nice Ring Girls, Two doctors and two from St Johns Ambulance and three informed judges. I think as they get more experiance and tighten things up it will be a V.Good local Pro-Am event.

The only result i can remember is that Damo Rooney(Dog Pound) bt Jonny McGillion (Strabane) by Arm bar 32 seconds into round one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

Very good local event in my humble opinion. Was very well run with some very good matchups. I think the large no of D class fights was simply due to to the fact that it was the first time fighting for most of the local guys and it was a successful night for local MMA team Elite Martial Arts with the majority of the guys winning and one draw also.

Like I said very well run event with some seriously entertaining fights and will no doubt achieve a lot more success in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Was at the event. Overall it was good and a nice atmosphere.

Main issue would be the venue. But I think thats the biggest in the town.

The size of the venue meant it was a very small ring, which I believe always suits the grapplers

The Ciaran Boyle versus Joe Clarke fight was a belter of a match. Fight swung one way then the other but Ciaran took it in the end. Both guys took some serious punishemnet throughout and showed serious heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lisnafinmma

Does anyone know if the MMA event in Warrenpoint got videoed?.. If so where can I get hold of one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I never noticed a camera. Give Karl Bruins a bell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

There is couple of youtube videos up regarding warrenpoint mma, think only one is from the other night
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warrenpoint+mma&search_type=&aq=f

If that link doesnt work just try typing warrenpoint mma into search box its camera phone quality but all i could find. Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Advertisement