Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes c200 cdi 05 phone and ipod

Options
  • 06-11-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a reliable and reputable business for installing car audio and handsfree systems?

My c200 has the newer sound system, but does not have the cd changer installed in the glove box, it also has the phone system buttons but no connections in the armrest.

I would like to get a good indie installer to fit the standard Mercedes solutions, ideally in the glove box I would like an iPod connection for music, and in the armrest an iPhone connection for my phone.

Hopefully I made sense here, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gorwanvfr

have a look at kufatec.com might get something

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Hi,

bought myself an 07 C180 there recently and had the same problem.

I looked into Audio and Phone solutions and found that you can get a Aux Input (proper Merc part) for around 30quid, very very easy to install.

I asked about retrofitting the phone kit and was told that it would cost more than the factory job (around 1400 + VAT) so not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Lauder, I had a look at a few posts on how to install the aux adaptor in the glove box but I could not find anything step-by-step, it looked complicated to me. Do you have a link to a good guide?

Im fairly shocked by the price of the phone upgrade, thats such a rip off isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Here is a good step by step guide, for the aux input http://www.benzworld.org/forums/3762832-post209.html

I havent tried it yet though, still waiting on a few more bits and pieces to be fixed (cosmetic things) in the dealership. If I manage to do it i will explain the process to you.

Advertisement