Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for a tattoo for my Dad

Options
  • 06-11-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have never posted in this forum before but I am looking for some ideas.
    I lost my Dad to Cancer just over 2 months ago and I really want to get a tattoo to remember him by. I want to get one on my wrist, so obviously not a really big one. I wanted to avoid the usual R.I.P and heart type ones.

My Dad was into a lot of things and I thought maybe trying to incorporate one of those things into the tattoo might be a good idea. He was quite adventurous, liked motorbikes, he had joined a gun club, but on the other hand he also loved simple things like bee keeping and gardening. I want something that will mean something to me and will help me remember the good times...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

to be honest i don't know how much help you will get here. to me, a tattoo is something that means something to me. i understand he meant a lot to you so that symbol would be something to show the same and the side for me is that i don't know you and i certainly didn't know him so i wouldn't begin to have an idea. it could be something as simple a bullet,a beehive,a flower, anything. My apologies if that sounds harsh but i really wouldnt be sure :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

how about looking at some birthday cards he gave you. get your name in his handwriting or his name from a signuture

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

mackey087 wrote: »
    how about looking at some birthday cards he gave you. get your name in his handwriting or his name from a signuture

i think thats a nice idea tbh.

also you could combine his tough and soft side, maybe a bee resting on a bullet?

Advertisement