Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost license query

Options
  • 06-11-2009 4:37pm

I appear to have lost my license, which is due to expire in a few months. If I go for a replacement license, will it expire on the same date as the old one or do I get one which is valid for the next 10 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Taken from citizensinformation.ie
    Information

If your current driving licence or learner permit is lost, stolen, damaged or defaced, you should apply to your local Motor Taxation Office for a replacement. The replacement licence or permit is a duplicate or exact copy of your original driving licence or learner permit.
    If there are any special provisions on your original licence or permit (for example, a requirement that you wear spectacles, or you drive an adapted vehicle or you have an endorsement on your licence), the duplicate licence/permit will also state this. Your duplicate licence/permit will be valid for the same period as your original licence/permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I lost a provisional licence some time ago. When I went to get a replacement, they told me I never had one and that I would have to go through theory test etc. They kept this up for 3 weeks until we literally pulled the house apart and found licence. They were not even too bothered when I went in to tell them.
    This was pretty serious imo. They were declaring that I never had a licence and this would have insurance implications.

Advertisement