Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Morrissey Album

Options
  • 06-11-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭

I recently purchased Your Arsenal and so far it's right up there with Vauxhall and I although I still prefer the latter as my favourite Morrissey album. I could never get into You Are the Quarry at all and I listen to Ringleader of the Tormentors every now and then.

So what is your favourite Morrissey album?

Favourite Morrissey album? 33 votes

Viva Hate
    0% 0 votes
    Kill Uncle
    27% 9 votes
    Your Arsenal
    0% 0 votes
    Vauxhall and I
    3% 1 vote
    Southpaw Grammar
    48% 16 votes
    Maladjusted
    3% 1 vote
    You are the Quarry
    3% 1 vote
    Ringleader of the Tormentors
    12% 4 votes
    Years of Refusal
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's between "Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall and I" for me but I went for "Vauxhall and I".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I think I know It's Gonna Happen Someday is my new favourite Morrissey song. Closely followed by Speedway and Now My Heart is Full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

Great to see a Mozza thread, Valmont :) I don't even have to think about that one. It's Vauxhall & I hands down. Beautiful lyrics and beautiful vocals throughout.

"Underact - express depression" "I'm tired again, I tried again"
    "In my own sick way I'll always stay true to you"
    "I've made up your mind"

Just some lines I love.
    Your Arsenal is fantastic too. It's got more laughs but then it's also got Seasick, Yet Still Docked ("scavenging through lifes very constant lows" "You must be such a fool to pass me by") Love it.
    Bona Drag must be mentioned too though. Was that in your poll? I can't remember. Soz. Well, anyway, Will Never Marry is a beautiful song. Viva Hate was a grower. I was delighted with the Maladjusted and Southpaw Grammar reissues this year. There were so many great tracks that should've been on the original releases there. I agree with you about You Are the Quarry. I have found that one tough going. Actually I have found Ringleader and Refusal difficult too. They've all got some decent tracks and some great b-sides but overall I find I go back to the older stuff. Oh heck, I love all the songs. I love him. I can see merit in all of the albums really but V&I is my fave without doubt.
    Off topic - Are you heading to the gig at the National Stadium? Looking forward to it now but wish it was standing. I always like to get up near the stage so bit pissed off at that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I fcuking love Vauxhall and I. What a great album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I am considering going. Is it sold out? I'll have to get on to the one person I know in real life who likes Morrissey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bref_fitz

Vauxhall and I. I like you are the quarry too but Vauxhall is consistently good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

Valmont wrote: »
    I am considering going. Is it sold out? I'll have to get on to the one person I know in real life who likes Morrissey.

Hi Valmont. No, it's not sold out. It is very pricey though at €68 or so for a ticket. You never know if it'll be his last though that's what I'm thinking. As I said, I think it's all seating so that's a bit crap too. It's a fairly small venue though I think. G'wan, push the boat out, get a ticket and have a great night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭spylon

Southpaw Grammar, I just love every minute of it, even though I know Vauxhall to be more accomplished, objectively speaking. Didn't know he was playing - a boxing arena would be the ideal place to see Mozza perform Boxer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I went for Viva Hate, but it was a close one. I would've picked Bona Drag if it was up there, I suppose it is a compilation though. Suedehead is probably my favourite Morrissey song, but tbh there is nothing I've heard by him so far that I don't like. Still have to get a copy of Years of Refusal though...
    Valmont wrote: »

The Morrissey gig in the Marley Park was the only gig I ever went to on my own. T'was a wee bit lonely, but once I got chatting to a few Moz fans we had a great time. Absolutely brilliant show too. If you haven't seen him before get yourself a ticket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's difficult to pick just one from the bookends (in between were his "wilderness years" IMO) but if I had to, I'd choose Bona Drag. It also reminds me of late 1989 when life was sweet - the last dregs of pre-puberty uncomplicated bliss... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

"Bona Drag, baby. No, no its Viva Hate!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Such a hard choice! It was between Viva Hate and Your Arsenal for me, but Viva Hate won out :) I actually don't get all the adoration of Vauxhall.... it is a really good album, but I just find it a bit boring for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Be better if you could pick two. Poor old Your Arsenal is looking hard done by, but that's only cause everyone is voting for Vauxhall, not only his best, but also one of the great albums.. Arsenal is mighty fine though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Has to be Viva Hate if only because of the memories. It reminds me so much of school, and how much it helped me get over the trauma of the Smiths breaking up the year before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

I think Vauxhall and I is a really boring album too.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

You Are The Quarry is outstanding, barely a bad track on it.

Advertisement