Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kidney infections starting to worry me!!

Options
  • 06-11-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I've mentioned this in the pregnancy thread. I keep getting kidney infections...and this last one hasnt seem to have gone anywhere. I took a course of antibiotics from the hospital, and then went to the GP and got another course.

I'm on my last day of the second course, and judging by my urine, it doesn't look too good.

Am actually very very worried now. I read online about people going into hospital. Would it be OTT of me to demand they treat me as an inpatient for a few days?? I'm very worried and can't keep taking antibiotics non stop! The last thing I need is to have kidney problems after the birth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Hi there,
    I went into hospital through A&E with a kidney infection and was admitted for over a week. this was after having been given an antibiotic by my gp that the infection I had was resistent to. Defo dont think it would be OTT to try and go in as an inpatient..particularly during pregnancy.

Advertisement