Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday's Child - 48 hour short film comp entry

Options
  • 06-11-2009 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all,
    this is the film I made as part of the Crewger 48 Hour Film Experiment.

Anyway, my mac was being repaired for the last 4 weeks, I meant to post this much earlier. I haven't changed it since the competition, although I'm seriously considering cutting a shot from the end of the film. Let me know what you think.

To recap, as part of the competition, the film had to be written, shot, edited and delivered within 48 hours.

It had to feature
    1: the line "why would we go backwards"
    2: that day's newspaper
    3: a dog

I hope you enjoy, I'd appreciate feedback.

This was shot on DV (xl1) with a crew of 3.

General warning!!!
    The subject matter is a little tricky and some could find this offensive, apologies in advance if this is you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTb8avBgCU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Now there are obvious limitations on it due to its nature. It's a 48 hour film of course but I actually really liked it. Some of the acting is a bit ropey in parts but overall it works I think. I think 24hr/48hr projects are really beneficial to film makers as nothing concentrates the mind like a deadline. Good work.

Advertisement