Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery course GMIT

Options
  • 06-11-2009 11:51am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Galway Archers are hosting a 5 week beginner archery course in mid to late January, its being held in the G.M.I.T. and will be on Wednesday evenings 6-8. If anyone would be interested please e-mail <snip>.

PopeBuckfastXVI Edit:
    Snipped the email address. Contact connemara man by PM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC->Archery with redirect
    GC is not a poster wall

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sorry for bumping an old thread, is this an annual thing? Anything like it this January in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Hi,

The Archery is a anual fixture at GMIT.

Follow the link.

http://www.gmit.ie/lifelong-learning/lifelong-learning-programmes/general-interest/general/archery.html

Regards;

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

I'm interested in this course but as it's not on till September I didn't register just yet. (I could be Taoiseach by then).
    Can you post a reminder here? I'm subscribed to this thread and so the nice people at Boards.ie will forward me a message.
    One point: the course provides all equipment but does that include left-handed bows and arrows for people with long arms (I calculate that I would need arrows of 32").
    Regards B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

If you are really interested in taking it up as a hobby give the course organizer (Listed on the web-site) a shout. In my recollection it ran each semester, it my be that the web-site has not been updated. (But I could be wrong)

Yes, they had some LH bows.

Yes, they have arrows, but to get the most from the course a small investment in your own would be optimal to ensure that the arrows that you are using suit you.

• Advertisement

Thanks IEE. Will do.

Any luck Banbh? I sent 2 to that email address but no reply, maybe he's on holiday.

No reply yet.
    I really only wanted to do the course so I could learn what equipment to buy. I like field archery - or the idea of it - and would probably just do my shooting on a range on my own land (not built yet).
    I've checked out some of the retail outlets (that's where I got the information on how to measure the length of the arrow you require).
    Can you recommend a bow and maybe I'll go ahead and buy one?
    Regards B.
    PS I did a course many years ago but they had only righthand bows and short arrows and the whole thing was a bit of a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Hi Banbh,

Will PM you some info and details re bows for field ...........

Much obliged. Will follow up on that as soon as I get a bit of time.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Seeing this bumped up I thought I should reply. Galway Archers is running a beginner's class starting next Wednesday the 16th. All enquiries to galwayarchers at gmail.com

Count me in, Ive already emailed, cant wait for this now, should have done it years ago.

I'll see you there. I'll be the one in green tights with a feather in his cap.

Banbh, email me at the galway archers address if you're definitley interested, a post on boards doe not hold you a place.

Are there many doing it Grayson?

I've already been in touch.

Ah crap Im going to miss the first night cos of work in Dublin, dammit Ive had free evenings for the past 6 months.

Thargor, it looks like 12 or 13 at the moment, a couple of people haven't confirmed yet.

Twelve or thirteen! It will be like Agincourt.

Advertisement