Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gatso Van - Limerick Bypass

Options
  • 06-11-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Gatso van on the Limerick bypass this morning, where the Cork road now joins to the Dublin road that will go to the tunnel.

I'm not even sure what the speed limit is here, but I've never seen anyone stick to it.

I wouldn't be comfortable being the cop inside shooting fish in a barrel so close to South Hill. I'm sure some knacker will get caught and there will be a repeat of the Cork incident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That's pretty unlikely to happen. Now, the Gardai require a safe pass to operate in that area so he shouldn't have been there.

They were probably asleep anyway. I know I would be in a locked van with tinted windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I also spotted that Garda van this morning rgunning. As far as I am aware and I am pretty certain that the speed limit is 50 kph where they were. I was doing over 60 kph myself and others were shooting past me going even faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I drove past this Gatso again this morning. It is parked behind a LED sign so you don't really see it. It does not have ANY Garda markings on it but you can see the camera and lenses on and behind the glass.

The speed limit on the onramp says 50kph, then the road says 60kph.

The markings force you to head into the overtaking lane to take the Dublin exit. I was in this doing just below 60kph being undertaken by anybody and everybody and a truck was up my hole flashing me.

There are NO roadworks where that section is so the speed limit should be much HIGHER!

However, GTC told me recently that they can set the units to only catch people at a certain speed and above. Possibly they are giving drivers the benefit of the doubt and only doing people above 80kph, which would be my reccomendation as an appropriate speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Adam Selene

Gatso vans only work during the day dont they?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Simon Jester

Guilty conscience?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I'm not even sure what the speed limit is here, but I've never seen anyone stick to it.
    :D;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Adam Selene

Was it there at about 9PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

where exactly was this GATSO van, heading to cork or dublin?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Was it there at about 9PM?

Wasn't passing this morning Adam but I passed it at around 8AM Friday morning. Thats not to say it wasn't there at 9PM last night
    keith101 wrote: »
    where exactly was this GATSO van, heading to cork or dublin?????????

Was at the end of the N20 dual carriageway approaching Limerick I saw it keith101.

• Advertisement
Advertisement