Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car screeching in reverse

Options
  • 06-11-2009 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Folks,
    Whenever I'm reversing, I can hear a continuous low screech coming from the back of the car. It's quite low so often its only when I'm reversing with the drivers door open that I can hear it, but it just sounds abnormal.

Any possible diagnosis?

car = accord diesel

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

could be a brake pad rubbing - when in reverse the ware pattern is different i.e. when traveling forward the pad might not be sitting correctly and wareing unevenly. So, when you reverse the pad might rub....
    Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Has the car got mudflaps? could be rubbing against the wheel going backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

40701085 wrote: »
    its only when I'm reversing with the drivers door open

i have to ask how often are you reversing with the doors open?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

:) Yeah, its worth asking! House-building at the moment & the narrow drive/gateway has stacks of blocks, broken stone etc all around, so backing out on a black & rainy night doesn't give you a lot of visibility. The motor is new, so I do be nervous!

Thanks for the suggestion cadaliac, will ask them to have a look next service (no, no mudflaps on, trad).

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Does it kind of sound like a remote control car? :D Best way I could describe it, I've heard loads of cars make it when reversing, think its just because of the gearbox running in reverse or something, not too sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Thatsh de coontary way of reversing, yoosir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

Thatsh de coontary way of reversing, yoosir.

lol

Advertisement