Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

detailing of a two story to single story cavity

Options
  • 06-11-2009 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    I need to go through details and possibilities with my builder on a Timberframe with a block exterior leaf. I am attaching a pdf where the two story section of the house meets the single story boiler room/pellet store and utility.
    The issues I am having is that block will be the external leaf and will run internally to make the gable wall to the two story section.
    This is something that would be quite common in block built houses. I hope i am explaining my self here as the rising block is internal to the house at the boiler room and runs externally going up to the two story part.

Questions.
    -)How is the cavity internally made up to prevent any build up of water and where is the DPC placed here.
    -) Is there any measures to prevent moisture building up and making its way down to the base where it meets the timbeframe.

any help from the experts before I go to my blocklayer or am I being over cautious.
    Regards,
    PJMcke

Comments

Advertisement