Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most wanted car gadgets?

Options
  • 06-11-2009 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

A christmas present idea. Ive searched a couple sites and saw nothing really exciting. What is your most wanted car gadget? :) Or anything new and exciting on the market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I suppose an Apexi RSM + the G motion sensor would be nice to get as a present

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

draffodx wrote: »
    I suppose an Apexi RSM + the G motion sensor would be nice to get as a present
    What is this???

Sounds fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    What is this???

Sounds fun!

taken from http://www.racinglab.com/aprsrevmet.html
    One of the most exiting of the new features is the option to utilize the revolutionary A’PEX G-Sensor (Sold Separately). The G-Sensor allows the unit to measure G forces in 4-way front/rear/left/right directions. This data can be plotted in a graph display to map acceleration characteristics and lateral G’s on the race track, or used the an array of new features including : Highly accurate 100m/200m/400m times with trap speed and wheel-spin correction, Horse Power Calculation, and Loss Power Calculation. By taking advantage of the optional G-Sensor, the user can produce extremely accurate acceleration measurements. Usually, when measuring acceleration times using the speed sensor signal alone, the meter will end measurement too early (shorter distance) due to wheel-spin. Using the G-Sensor modifies the speed sensor signal, compensating for wheel-spin and producing impeccably accurate acceleration times.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,442 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd like a Carputer or even a music hard drive like I had in my old car.

A subtle in-dash satnav/DVD player would be nice too, although you gotta spend big money to get one that's properly usable as a cd player and radio.

HID headlights are nice too if your car can be fitted with them.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd like a Carputer or even a music hard drive like I had in my old car.

A subtle in-dash satnav/DVD player would be nice too, although you gotta spend big money to get one that's properly usable as a cd player and radio.

HID headlights are nice too if your car can be fitted with them.
    Thats just a link to wiki homepage colm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Grahamo999 wrote:
    Thats just a link to wiki homepage colm

He really wants to control the worlds oil/petrol supplies so he Mivec everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Thanks for the ideas so far! Any more? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

KittyKat wrote: »
    Thanks for the ideas so far! Any more? :)

How much are you willing to spend? And what car will it be going into?

About a €100. Theres a few cars, Ford Fiesta, Toyota Starlet, Toyota Corolla, Vauxhall Nova and a Ford Granada. All manual drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

For that sort of money, you won't get anything too wild or exciting.
    Maybe something a bit simplier like a sat nav, rather than something flashey?

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,442 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€100 won't get too much. maybe a stereo with integrated Bluetooth, or a set of parking sensors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 custom motion

HID Kits
    Security systems
    Bluetooth hands-free

Seems to be the most common my customers are looking at for xmas.

JP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Dashhawk II

That is all.

Dashhawk II

That is all.
    No tools needed...what does it connect to?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

^The OBDII port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Vems Ecu

But that's asking allot

Advertisement