Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone Connection Help

Options
  • 05-11-2009 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Living in a semi rural area in cork, had eircom down to connect via ducting to a pole on the adjoining site. The second house to the right is where the main line runs through stopped the eircom technician entering their site. The technician phoned me and said that they would be willing to let them enter if i approached them.

So i approached the neighbours two doors up and they basically want a form of payment, once i agree to this payment they will be happy to allow eircom the access to run a line from the main line on their site to the pole where our duct is????

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Have you tried any of the wireless options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Have you tried any of the wireless options?

Uncle Bill,

How would this work and can you give us some service suppliers???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well, I've had issue with Eircom and tbh I'd not use them if possible.

What exactly do you need the land line for? There are plenty of companies offering wireless board band if thats what your after and sure there is always Vodapone, O2 etc for wireless BB options and of course mobile phones etc.

Of course wireless technology depends on locations and line of sight. But any wireless company can do a site check and tell you in 3mins of they can service you.

If none of them options work, then your back to your original situaton. I do not know any local suppliers in Cork, but google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stephentbb2000

Thanks for the advice, its annoying the way people can be ass*#%** but all that aside id say the wireless option is a good alternative and it will be a little cheaper than using eircom.

Advertisement