Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Tattoists??

Options
  • 05-11-2009 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Just wondering can anyone recommend a very good, experienced tattoo artist in the south/west (Limerick, Cork, Waterford, Galway) area? I got a tattoo done in Dublin a year ago, and it was terrible from day one and I refused to go back to him to get it fixed. Now I really need it fixed as it looks like I've had it 50 years!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Hi.. Joe Myler of JMD's Body Art. He is on O'Connell street in Waterford..The man is a genious.

Joe Myler / JMD's Body art - 051857757

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Google Karen Russell tattoo artist , i think she is working in cork these days , you will be hard pushed to find some one better;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jenny_Q19

Brilliant, thanks!! I'll check them both out! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

jmd's dont do touch up's/fixes on other people's work .. erm try swineline in waterford , neal is pretty good in there, im sure they would help ya 051 877387

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

what kind of tattoo is it and what would like to cover it with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

G's tattoo in galway, gordans deadly!

Dingdong - Its down my side, we'll say under my arm above my hip, about 6 inches long, it was arabic writing, but it's really spread out and blurry looking. It's only in black, and I hear that helps when getting it covered? Not sure what I want to get over it yet, want the good tattooist to recommend something!:)

Thanks for all the ideas folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

well pop into him, and give him a look. hes really sound and a good tattooist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

how well did the black hold up when it was healing??
    if its fairly dark 1 or 2 sessions of laser[q-switch medical grade, not a beauty parlor job] would lighten it up somewhat to allow you to cover it with a number of things and open up your options...
    money well spent imo, don't sell yourself short by covering it with a big lump of tribal etc..
    also make sure you throughly research the artist you let at it, ask to see actual pictures of tattoos they have done. theres a **** load of cowboys out there who will leave you in a worse position than you are now.

It healed fine, I have another tattoo thats 6 years old and still looks perfect and it healed up pretty much the same! Definitely not getting some tacky tribal yoke over it, not in my taste at all! Would it be rude to ask for pics of cover-up work they might have done????!!:) Laser sounds pricey, but I suppose I don't want it to look messy either....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tattoo madman

Hi, I'm a shill! If I prove myself to be otherwise then this message will be restored!

Advertisement