Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapidshare download speed

Options
  • 05-11-2009 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have 20mg broadband with UPC. I want to know what's the normal speed I should be getting downloading from Rapidshare.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

I have 20mg broadband with UPC. I want to know what's the normal speed I should be getting downloading from Rapidshare.
    Free downloading from it could be anywhere between 50-250KB/s (in my experience).

Paid downloading should give you a theoretical download speed of 2.56MB/s (more likely to be c. 2.2MB/s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CacaLuvsCuddles

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Rapidshare usually offer 300kb/s per single connection, but you can run concurrent connections if you have a premium account!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭karasu

i would recommend you free download manager

you can paste all your rapidshare links and it will download them at maximum (or defined by you) speed. you can type in your login and password and it works great ;)

divx movie in 20mins on 4mb smart telecom ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

karasu wrote: »
    i would recommend you free download manager

you can paste all your rapidshare links and it will download them at maximum (or defined by you) speed. you can type in your login and password and it works great ;)

divx movie in 20mins on 4mb smart telecom ;)

..and just to balance out karasu's post, if you ever feel like uploading to Rapidshare, or any other file space provider, I would recommend:

File & Image Uploader http://z-o-o-m.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CacaLuvsCuddles

Thank you all for your replies and recommendations. They have really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

You should get the maximum speed your connection can take. I'v tried downloading with a rapidshare premium account and using internet download manager (great program for copying and pasting links into - you can set logins for rapidshare etc in options) and I'v gotten up to 10mb/s with college.

Advertisement