Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG - Foundation Course for Science/Engineering/IT

Options
  • 05-11-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I'm considering applying as a mature student next year for this foundation course as an entry point to a full time degree.

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the course (curriculum, subject matter, required texts), so that I could get an idea of what level its at & maybe get a headstart on some course work ...

I just missed the cut off for this years course so I want to make sure the same doesnt happen for next year!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Hi,

It realy depends on what you want to do next year to get the most out of this course. I did it last year and I have to say it was brillant! Would highly recommend it. I am currently in 1st year undemoniated Science. I would be totally lost at this stage if I didn't do the Foundation course last year.
    The lecturers mostly gave handouts so we didn't have to buy books - but they did list a books as a reference. I'll see if I can find a list of them and send them onto you. The Maths was mainly Algebra and Calculus. They start at the basics and work from there.

Hope I was some help to you. The course isn't that long on. Did you contact the Mature student officer to see if you could join at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fun.bobby1981

Hey Sillybird.

Thanks yeah thats a great help even o know that much. If you had anything that I could use that would be brilliant!

I was in contact with the mature students office but my issue this year is that the course days clash with rugby training on Tuesday & Thursday evenings. I also coah on Saturday mornings. So I chose to stick with the rugby for this year & I'll re-evaluate next year.

To be honest Im not 100% sure what I want to do with it but I know if Im gonna stay in the area Im in, Im gonna need an engineering degree in IT at the very least, but I've always wanted to get into Science!

Thanks again.
    Let me know if you dig anything up ... much appreciated.

Advertisement