Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belly piercing

Options
  • 05-11-2009 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

I want to get my belly pierced, but I don't have an 'innie'. It's not an outtie either though. I mean, it goes in, but there's sort of a little button of flesh where most people just have a hole. So my navel is very shallow. Would a piercing be possible?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I assume you mean belly button aka navel piercing.

The best way to find out if you can get yours pierced or not is by heading in for a chat to a competant piercer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

Yeah I might do that. I was wondering if that was OK though, to have a chat than think about it, I don't want to feel pressured to get it done there and then.

Also, do these piercings leave a big hole? I know when my friend takes hers out she has a huge gaping hole in her belly - does that stay there or close up when you take out the barbell?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Of course its ok! If you feel pressured, then let your feet do the walking and head somewhere else.

With regards to closing, it depends on the piercing and how long it has been there. It will shrink considerably and most likely close over with time. If it has been there only a few months then it will close up in a matter of days. A piercing that has been stretched or has been there for years and years may never heal, but the hole will shrink.

Advertisement