Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to eat in Malahide?

Options
  • 05-11-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've booked a table in Chez Sara wine bar in Old st. But I was wondering if anyone had any other good recommendations? I've eaten in a few places already (Kajaal, Siam, Jaipur, Sale Pepe) but wanted to try out something new. I hear Chez Sara is good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Why dont you just use www.menupages.ie and do a search on Malahide :confused: 95% of restaurants listed there and they all have reviews so you can make your own mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Good thinking Sizzler. I never heard of that site. I just searched for restaurants with a 5 star rating and Chez Sara came up. So I suppose that's made my mind up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Cruzos is lovely, down by the marina.

PCros wrote: »

And also overpriced ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

I went to Ciao recently for the 1st time. Very impressed with it. The food was good and really well priced. Not a massive selection on the menu but I would definitely return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

My personal favourite in Malahide would have to be "Breakers" although I haven't been there in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I think Breakers is gone
    Try the Greedy Goose you won't be disapointed its amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Bon Cafe is very good.

So is the main restaurant upstairs but very expensive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love Giovanni's :)

dcr22B wrote: »
    My personal favourite in Malahide would have to be "Breakers" although I haven't been there in quite a while.

Breakers is goine about 4 years :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Sizzler wrote: »
    Breakers is goine about 4 years :eek:
    No way is it gone 4 years, it was about 2 1/2 years since I last ate there.

That's embarassing, was wondering why it wasn't showing up on Menupages! :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Chez Sara is lovely but tiny and sometimes they don't have any left of particular meals. The wine is fantastic there too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

And also overpriced ;)

Not at all....very good prices for great food.

€22 for an 8oz Sirloin Steak? Not bad at all.

http://www.cruzzo.ie/page.asp?menu=85&page=260

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Phantastic Fox

The food at Cape Greko is pretty bloody delicious.

Not at all....very good prices for great food.

€22 for an 8oz Sirloin Steak? Not bad at all.

http://www.cruzzo.ie/page.asp?menu=85&page=260
    8oz :eek: I presume thats for starters in the form of a steak sandwich?

Read the link.....

What do you want the whole cow?:rolleyes:

Read the link.....

What do you want the whole cow?:rolleyes:
    12oz would be nice for that price :rolleyes:

12oz would be nice for that price :rolleyes:

It would if you could get it.

But it is a great steak, I always have it when I go there and its just right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Giovanni's and Cape Greko are my personal favourites. Both lovely. Giovanni's can be very crowded at times though when it's busy with all the tables squashed together.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Kajal is the best Indian I have ever been in. Great restaurant and food.

There is also a place opposite Gibneys and for the life of me I cant remember the name......It good food and service there also. Its nice and cosy and very romantic....

Then Siam Thai - good food but I have to say the service is just ****ty. I actually walked out of it 6 months ago....Food still good though.

Then for something really cheap and cheerful try Lallys in Portmarnock.
    Its like the livingroom of a house. It overlooks the beachand the mnu is wuite limited but for good Pasta, Pizza, wine, beer its the bomb....My wife and I love going to this place at the drop of a hat. Very casual...Genuine Italiano food...moma mia!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

I agree.... this is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Giovanni's and Cape Greko are my personal favourites. Both lovely. Giovanni's can be very crowded at times though when it's busy with all the tables squashed together.

Would never go to Cape Greko again, 4 of us went on a Tuesday night in May, only a few tables in, they added 15% service charge to the bill.

Apparently they add it for tables of more than 2, i would have left a tip anyway but didn't like being forced to do so.

Lost my business, won't complain, just never go back

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

Giovannis and the Orchid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

scudzilla wrote: »
    Would never go to Cape Greko again, 4 of us went on a Tuesday night in May, only a few tables in, they added 15% service charge to the bill.

Apparently they add it for tables of more than 2, i would have left a tip anyway but didn't like being forced to do so.

Lost my business, won't complain, just never go back

Really? We've only ever gone as a couple so haven't experienced that, that's a bit much alright, I don't blame you for not going back.

potsy11 the restaurant across from Gibneys is either Boticelli's (Italian) or The Orchird (Chinese) probably. Both nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Really? We've only ever gone as a couple so haven't experienced that, that's a bit much alright, I don't blame you for not going back.

potsy11 the restaurant across from Gibneys is either Boticelli's (Italian) or The Orchird (Chinese) probably. Both nice.

Yeah, we went quite often as a couple, but that time went with some family, ya would have thought that being a bigger table they'd be making more and not charge something like that. Ah well, it's there loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I love Kajaal its fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

ragg wrote: »
    I love Kajaal its fantastic.

Way too small though and always booked out at the weekends. Plus I've seen Ronan Keating go in there far too often, I presume he doesn't have to wait weeks in advance for a table :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 NikkiXxX

The orchid is by far the nicest chinese in Malahide and then after your meal you get this hot towel to clean your hands(maybe you get that everywhere) but I love it..ANd the staff are lovely too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

Hilly Billy won't be happy with the above. He is the only one around here allowed to post in bold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 NikkiXxX

dubmick wrote: »
    Hilly Billy won't be happy with the above. He is the only one around here allowed to post in bold.
    Well I am allowed now too :D:D

Advertisement